Saturday, August 18, 2012

Stephen Takach Shares His Thoughts With Your Thought Matters Readers


STEPHEN TAKACH SHARES HIS THOUGHTS: Why I am the best candidate for U.S. Congress for the 36th Congressional District

by Stephen TakachFor Your Thought Matters Readers

I believe that I am the better choice for this district, because I have lived here for the past 35 years. I understand the concerns of the people in the district because it is my home.

I believe that I am the best choice for this district, because I am not a career politician – I am a concerned citizen.  I never had any intention of running for public office up until the past few years.  I’m a strong believer that knowing a person’s past greatly helps you to understand who they are. 

I spent 13 years in Liberty, which gave me the perspective of real life in small town east Texas. That’s where I graduated from High School, started my first business, and lived during college. After my wife, Holly, and I were married, we made the transition into the more heavily populated area of Harris County. My residency in Baytown exposed me to the ever-present struggles that citizens in our area face.  My personal life experience has allowed me to understand the needs of the people, and they can relate to my story.  I have spent my life doing what most Americans strive to do; raise a family, build a home, and find a way to make ends meet. 

I learned the value of a hard days work as an employee of National Pipe and Tube; I have started and ran two successful businesses, married my sweetheart, and have two beautiful children. I have had the opportunity to live the “American Dream”.  As an accountant, I see that the government has saddled future generations with a mountain of debt and I think that their future is unclear. Each person in this country now owes the Federal Government almost $50,000, due to the accumulated debt. This is not right or fair, and we need to change the course our country is on while we still have time. I believe that the voters understand this as well as I do.

I am pro-life, pro-gun, pro smaller government, pro border security, and pro religious freedom. I have the backbone and viability to let the people’s voice from this district be distinctly heard.  My background as a financial advisor for Edward Jones has given me personal insight into how real people deal with the problems created by the government and the debt crisis. Each day I help my clients create a budget that will help them with their future plans. I believe that this kind of real world, hands on experience is what is needed in Congress today.

AUBREY R. TAYLOR: This comment was provided by Stephen Takach for Your Thought Matters Newspaper readers heading into his 2012 Republican Primary runoff race for United States Congress for the 36th Congressional District.