Monday, August 6, 2012


ZERICK GUINN SHARES HIS THOUGHTS: Why I am the best candidate for Harris County Constable Precinct #2

by Zerick Guinn
For Your Thought Matters Readers

I am the best candidate for Harris County Constable for Precinct 2 for many reasons, I am the most experienced and qualified candidate. I am the only candidate in the Democratic runoff for Precinct 2 to supervise deputy Constable's -- which is the primary job of the Constable. I have over 9 years experience as a supervisor for the current Harris County Precinct 2 Constable's Office -- holding the current rank of Sergeant. As a 16 year veteran of the Precinct 2 Constable's Office I have worked in all aspects of the agency; which include: communications, warrants, civil process, patrol, and building security. I currently hold a Bachelors Degree from University of Houston Downtown class of 2000, majoring in Criminal Justice.  I'm also a graduate of the Constable Leadership College where I studied at Sam Houston State University. I am the only candidate to in the Harris County Precinct 2 Constable's runoff race to hold a certification in Civil Process, which is considered by many to be the most important function within the Constable's Office.  I hold a Master Peace Officer License, the highest level within Texas law enforcement; and I currently have over 1,500 training hours. I'm a field training officer and certified police instructor as well.

These are the many reasons why I out qualify my opponent; but the true reason why I am the best candidate is because I care about the people of Precinct 2 -- and they care about me. This was proven in the primary election when I received over 32% in a primary race that included nine other candidates.

I have a connection with the community that my opponent just doesn't have; I am the only candidate "already working" for Precinct 2; and I want to continue my service in a policy making capacity as our elected Constable.

AUBREY R. TAYLOR: This comment was provided by Zerick Guinn for Your Thought Matters Newspaper readers heading into his 2012 Democratic Primary runoff race for Harris County Constable for Precinct 2.