Sunday, August 19, 2012

David Dewhurst Shares His Thoughts With Your Thought Matters Readers



DAVID DEWHURST SHARES HIS THOUGHTS: Why I am the best candidate for United States Senate

by David Dewhurst
For Your Thought Matters Readers

Texas today is an economic powerhouse and the envy of the nation. For the past nine years, I have had the privilege of serving as Lieutenant Governor of Texas and working hard with fine Republican men and women to make Texas the strongest state economy in America and the leader in job creation.

In my capacity as Lt. Governor, I’ve fought liberals each step of the way to achieve historic conservative victories.

• I have worked with pro-life conservatives to defund Planned Parenthood.
• I have worked with the Texas Senate to pass a Photo Voter ID to stop rampant voter fraud across Texas.
• I have helped cut taxes 51 times to save taxpayers $14.5 billion.
• I helped cut state spending by over $14 billion last year.
• I helped pass the most comprehensive tort reform bills in America, making the liberal trial lawyer agenda obsolete in Texas.
• I helped passed the Sonogram Bill, which will save thousands of lives.
• I have stood strong for the 10th Amendment, knowing that the federal government is never the solution.
• I have killed all liberal proposals for a state income tax.
• I have consistently defended religious freedoms.
• I have helped protect the sanctity of marriage by passing the Defense of Marriage Act.

In Washington today, the American Dream is under attack. I have fought successfully to defend conservative values in Texas just as I will fight to defend them in the U.S. Senate. I will help stop President Obama’s trampling on our family values and religious liberties. I will stand up and help stop the radical Obama agenda before it destroys America. Here is my plan:

1. In the U.S. Senate my first priority will be to repeal Obamacare
2. I will help cut federal spending and taxes and balance the budget
3. I will fight outrageous overregulation and get America working again.
4.  I will fight to secure our borders and strengthen our military.
5. I will continue to fight to defend religious liberties.

As a native Texan, rancher, businessman and military veteran, I believe I am the candidate best suited to represent Texas in the U.S. Senate. I am a lifelong businessman who knows what it is like to make a payroll, build a business and create jobs. I have consistently fought for conservative values as Lieutenant Governor of Texas and will continue to do so in the U.S. Senate.

AUBREY R. TAYLOR: This comment was provided by David Dewhurst for Your Thought Matters Newspaper readers heading into his 2012 Republican Primary runoff race for United States Senator.