by David Dewhurst
For Your Thought Matters Readers
In my capacity as Lt. Governor, I’ve fought liberals each step of the way to achieve historic conservative victories.
• I have worked with pro-life conservatives to defund Planned Parenthood.
• I have worked with the Texas Senate to pass a Photo Voter ID to stop rampant voter fraud across Texas.
• I have helped cut taxes 51 times to save taxpayers $14.5 billion.
• I helped cut state spending by over $14 billion last year.
• I helped pass the most comprehensive tort reform bills in America, making the liberal trial lawyer agenda obsolete in Texas.
• I helped passed the Sonogram Bill, which will save thousands of lives.
• I have stood strong for the 10th Amendment, knowing that the federal government is never the solution.
• I have killed all liberal proposals for a state income tax.
• I have consistently defended religious freedoms.
• I have helped protect the sanctity of marriage by passing the Defense of Marriage Act.
3. I will fight outrageous overregulation and get America working again.
4. I will fight to secure our borders and strengthen our military.
5. I will continue to fight to defend religious liberties.