Saturday, November 22, 2014

THOUGHTS: Stephanie Boutte, a Houston area Businesswoman Shares Why She's a Proud American with Aubrey R. Taylor


# # # #

AUBREY R. TAYLOR: Why are you proud to be an American?

BUSINESSWOMAN STEPHANIE BOUTTE: "I am proud to be an American because even with all of the injustices found in our nation, we still stand proud. We still find a way to compete. We are a competitive nation. I am proud to be an American because I know the truth about how this nation was built. I know the truth about who the true inventors were. I know what MLK stood for. I understand what Malcom X was saying. I am proud to be an American because I come from a legacy of doers. I come from a legacy of people who did what it took to get the job done. For these reasons and more I am proud to be an American.

I am also proud to be an American because, although she has a deep, dark, storied history; it still provides some of the greatest opportunities in the world. It gives me great pride to know that my willingness to face adversity, challenge the systems and work diligently towards my goals can warrant me sweet success and a better life. Freedoms, which I take for granted and rights which are constitutionally protected are not easily guaranteed in other nations. I am proud to be an American because, it takes character, pride and dignity to accept the fact that I may always be seen as a third class citizen but I will never be deterred from achieving greatness. I am proud to be an American, because of the defiance that was shown and the blood that was shed by my ancestors to make this country great is the same blood that runs in my veins-today. I am proud to be an American, because I know that in this country you can actually have an idea that when nourished properly, planted in fertile soil, and watered meticulously can become a living legacy."

# # # #


# # # #

To discuss advertising inside Houston Business Connections Magazine call (832)212-8735. If you need to speak directly with Aubrey R. Taylor call (832)894-1352. *The individuals featured on this page are not connected or associated with one another in anyway unless noted. Houston Business Connections Magazine is published by Aubrey R. Taylor Communications. All rights reserved. 

# # # #